Sunday, January 4, 2015

Living Incarnationally (John 1:14 & Philippians 2:4) Questions for Reflection

Dig Deeper
Incarnation literally means to take on flesh and theologically refers to the Son of God becoming human, “And the Word (Jesus Christ) was made flesh, and dwelt among us” (John 1:14a). In order to fulfill His mission as Savior Jesus had to first become human. In John 20:21 Jesus commands His disciples, “As My Father has sent Me, even so send I you.” Technically incarnation refers to a specific historical event (becoming a man) fulfilled by Jesus. Missionally, the same way the Father sent Jesus so His followers are sent by Christ. Living day to day with this sense of mission is what is meant by living incarnationally-- taking Jesus was He is to people where they are.

What insights do the following Scriptures provide regarding Jesus’ incarnation?

John 1:39; Mark 6:31--

Matthew 9:10; Mark 2:15; Luke 14:1--

Mark 10:13-16--

What implications do the following commands of Scripture have for how the Christ-follower ought to live?

Matthew 28:18-20--

John 20:21--

Galatians 2:20--

Philippians 2:4--

Application

What specific ways to you sense the Holy Spirit leading you to live incarnationally-- take Jesus as He is to people where they are?

Memorize This


Galatians 2:20-- I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. ESV

No comments: